Today I have a giveaway for you from BLINGuals, a great new company designed to help promote bilingual language development in young children. BLINGuals offers various sets of illustrated vocabulary flashcards, each set with any two languages from a list of fifteen language choices total.
Here's what BLINGuals says about their flash cards:
About the BLINGuals Flash CardsIllustrated bilingual flash cards are a great way to teach toddlers and young children new words in multiple languages. Each pack includes 54 or 60 cards (depending on type), with an illustration of a common word. Each side of the card spells out the word in a different language. Choose any combination of fifteen available languages.The BLINGuals flash cards are designed to look like a story book, with cameo appearances by a curious boy and girl. Most illustrations allow for follow-up questions and conversations.For example, the "Tree" flash card, shows a boy and girl sleeping under it. The same pair watches a nature documentary show on TV in the "Television" flash card. The boy and the girl make repeated appearances throughout the flash cards allowing parents to tell their child a story, rather than run through a series of unrelated cards.The bilingual illustrated flash cards are appropriate for children at a number of stages.
- For babies and toddlers, it's a safe and entertaining toy that is quite difficult to destroy (we know they'll try!) The Spanish-English cards are made of highly durable plastic. All other language combinations are made of thick paper stock.
- For talking toddlers, the flash cards provide illustrations of objects from every day life. They'll start by pointing out the correct card as you call out the words, and advance to repeating the words themselves.
- For pre-schoolers, the cards provide a way to hone multilingual and spelling skills.
- For parents, it's a valuable and fun teaching tool. The cards are compact, easy to take along and once packed away in the tuck box (included), they don't clutter up the room.Games options include:
- Vocabulary for non-talking toddlers: lay out the cards and call out words - ask your child to point out the appropriate cards.
- Vocabulary for talking toddlers: ask your child to call out the word you show him/her.
- Categories and groupings: ask your toddler to group cards into categories: animals, clothing, food, vehicles, body parts, etc.
- Colors #1: stack the cards so that the blue or yellow background consistently faces up.
- Colors #2: group cards by color, e.g. the frog and the car go into the green pile.
- Language: For children who mastered one language already, quiz your child on pronouncing and spelling the word on the other side of the flash cards.
- And many, many more...Whether you're looking to teach your child a second language or just getting him/her started with verbal skills, the BLINGuals flash cards are a fun and valuable learning aide.
You can purchase BLINGuals flashcards straight from blinguals.com. English-Spanish flashcards are just $7.95, while other language combinations are $14.95.
BLINGuals has agreed to send one winner a pack of English-Spanish flashcards. This contest is open worldwide!
Please be sure to leave your email address in at least one entry; I will do my best to find your email address if you're the winner, but if I have no way to contact you, you cannot win! For complete giveaway rules, please see the "Giveaways" section under the "The Fine Print" page. Winning entries WILL be checked to ensure qualification, so please be honest! :)
Mandatory Entry (Must be completed before any other entries will qualify!)
- Publicly follow Twee Poppets with Google Friend Connect. (Click the "Follow" button under the "Followers" section at the top of the main page.)
Bonus Entries (Please leave a separate comment for each entry! If it's worth 3 entries, please leave 3 separate comments!)
- 3 Extra Entries (Leave 3 Comments): Subscribe to Twee Poppets via email (must be activated to count). (Enter your email address under the "Subscribe Via Email!" section on the left hand side of the main page and click the "Subscribe" button.)
- 1 Extra Entry: Visit http://www.blinguals.com/ and tell me something you learned OR another language combo you would love to try!
- 1+ Extra Entry: Enter another one of my current giveaways. You may have one extra entry PER contest entered (please leave a separate comment for each). This applies only to current giveaways. Giveaways that have already ended (before 8/5) do NOT count.
- 1 Extra Entry: Follow @TweePoppets on Twitter. (Include your Twitter ID with your entry.)
- 1+ Extra Entry: Tweet about this giveaway (may be done once daily for one entry per tweet). You may use this tweet: #GIVEAWAY: Help your child learn a second language with BLINGuals English-Spanish flashcards! Enter @TweePoppets: http://tinyurl.com/WinBL
- 2 Extra Entries (Leave 2 Comments): Become a fan of ("like") Twee Poppets on Facebook. (Click this link or the button under the "Follow on Facebook!" section on the left hand side of the main page.)
- 2 Extra Entries (Leave 2 Comments): Become a fan of ("like") BLINGuals on Facebook. Leave a comment on their wall letting them know that Twee Poppets sent you! (You MUST comment on their wall, or this entry will not count!)
- 2 Extra Entries (Leave 2 Comments): Grab my button and add it to your blog or website. Let me know where I can find it! (Copy and paste the code that is in the "Grab My Button!" section on the left hand side of the main page.)
- 3 Extra Entries (Leave 3 Comments): Blog about Twee Poppets. Leave a link to the blog entry in your comment. Please be sure to mention this giveaway and link back to Twee Poppets (http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com). Your blog must have at least 10 followers on Google Friend Connect to be eligible. Blogs entries must be at least 50 words long to count; must be a dedicated post (not just part of another post). Please include a link to your blog post in your comment.
- 3 Extra Entries (Leave 3 Comments): Pledge to blog about what you won if you are the winner of this giveaway. This is based on the honor system - if you promise to blog if you win, please do. Please be sure to mention this giveaway and link back to Twee Poppets (http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com). Your blog must have at least 10 followers on Google Friend Connect to be eligible. Blog entries must be at least 50 words long to count; must be a dedicated post (not just part of another post).
Contest will end at 11:59pm PST on
August 19, 2010 August 27, 2010 (extended). Winner will be chosen via random number generator. Winner will be contacted by me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will have 48 hours to respond before he or she forfeits the prize and a new winner is chosen. Open to mailing addresses worldwide.