A while back, I came across an Etsy shop called Dream Snager that sells stuffies that caught my attention in a way that most others simply cannot do. These stuffies are called Dream Companions, and they look similar to bats or dragons or monsters, only about a million times cuter. If you don't believe that this type of creature could possibly be cute, just take a peek at the adorable little Dream Companion I was sent to review, and you'll be an instant believer:
Am I right, or am I right? This little guy is named Slimtail and he stands at just five inches tall from head to toe. His light green fur is made of a soft fleece, and dark purplish cotton batik accents his ears, wings, and tail rings. Since he does have some small parts that could come loose, he is recommended only for those who don't like to put things in their mouths (if given to those who do, please exercise careful supervision). He is the perfect size for a child to carry just about anywhere, and he really does make a terrific companion. In fact, that's what he's here for! Have a look at the background Sarah of Dream Snager has provided for her Dream Companions (punctuation/spelling edited slightly; meaning not changed):
Now wouldn't that be a wonderful story to send your child off to bed with, alongside his or her new Dream Companion friend? Little ones might take some comfort in the idea that these stuffies can eat their negative thoughts and help keep bad dreams away. This could prevent many tearful, sleepless nights!As the name suggests, these little guys eat the things that cause nightmares. See, when people stress, worry or release negative vibes in general, they produce something that mimics greatly the Dream Companion's natural food source. Food in their homelands is becoming very scarce, so the ambassadors between our worlds have come up with an ingenious plan. The overwhelmed parents of the young Dream Companions can now send their babies to a new life in our world, where food will always be plentiful and the young can befriend the young of the humans.
Dream Companions are full of good messages. They remind me a lot of the popular Ugly Dolls, in that they're not actually ugly at all - just cute in a different way. It's so important to teach our children that there is more than one type of beauty, and that different doesn't mean bad! Dream Companions are a shining example of this notion.
He may not be a typical stuffed animal, but how could you resist that face?
While well-constructed and sturdily sewn, my Dream Companion has some minor quirks in construction. For example, his two legs are slightly different shapes. But believe me when I say that I am truly and completely happy that he is built this way! It adds so much charm, character, and personality. I'm glad he's not a cookie-cutter type of stuffed animal! Every Dream Companion is different, and that's part of what makes them so wonderful.
His quirks make him all the more lovable!
Dream Snager sells all sorts of wonderful Dream Companions. They come in all different colors, shapes, and sizes, so there is sure to be one that catches your eye - but even if there's not, Sarah offers custom Dream Companions! Plus, she includes a cute description of each companion in every listing, which really makes them feel like buddies.
You can purchase a young Dream Companion similar to mine for about $8 from the Dream Snager Etsy shop. Custom young Dream Companions are $12, adult Dream Companions are $20, Dream Companion finger puppets are $4.50, Dream Companion figurines are $12, and Dream Companion art is $17.
Sarah from Dream Snager has been generous enough to offer one winner the winner's choice of ANY Dream Companion-related item in her shop: a young Dream Companion, an adult Dream Companion, a Dream Companion finger puppet, a piece of Dream Companion art, or a Dream Companion figurine. Open worldwide!
Please be sure to leave your email address in at least one entry; I will do my best to find your email address if you're the winner, but if I have no way to contact you, you cannot win! For complete giveaway rules, please see the "Giveaways" section under the "The Fine Print" page. Winning entries WILL be checked to ensure qualification, so please be honest! :)
Mandatory Entry (Must be completed before any other entries will qualify!)
- Visit the Etsy shop for Dream Snager and tell me which Dream Companion-related item you might choose if you are the winner!
Bonus Entries (Please leave a separate comment for each entry! If it's worth 3 entries, please leave 3 separate comments!)
- 2 Extra Entries (Leave 2 Comments): Publicly follow Twee Poppets with Google Friend Connect. (Click the "Follow" button under the "Followers" section at the top of the main page.)
- 3 Extra Entries (Leave 3 Comments): Subscribe to Twee Poppets via email (must be activated to count). (Enter your email address under the "Subscribe Via Email!" section on the left hand side of the main page and click the "Subscribe" button.)
- 1 Extra Entry: Add DreamSnager as a favorite shop on Etsy.
- 1 Extra Entry: Mark your 3 favorite DreamSnager listings as favorites on Etsy.
- 1+ Extra Entry: Enter another one of my current giveaways. You may have one extra entry PER contest entered (please leave a separate comment for each). This applies only to current giveaways. Giveaways that have already ended (before 7/18) do NOT count.
- 1 Extra Entry: Follow @TweePoppets on Twitter. (Include your Twitter ID with your entry.) Psssst! I'll follow you right back! :)
- 1 Extra Entry: Follow @Snagerdra on Twitter. (Include your Twitter ID with your entry.) Please note that @Snagerdra is Sarah's personal as well as business account, so you may see updates that are not directly related to her shop.
- 1+ Extra Entry: Tweet about this giveaway (may be done once daily for one entry per tweet). You may use this tweet: #GIVEAWAY: Win ANY Dream Companion stuffed animal from Dream Snager. CUTE! Enter to win @TweePoppets: http://tinyurl.com/WinSnager (8/1)
- 2 Extra Entries (Leave 2 Comments): Become a fan of ("like") Twee Poppets on Facebook. (Click this link or the button under the "Follow on Facebook!" section on the left hand side of the main page.)
- 2 Extra Entries (Leave 2 Comments): Post a link to one of your favorite Dream Snager items on your Facebook account.
- 2 Extra Entries (Leave 2 Comments): Subscribe to Snager80 on YouTube. (Include your YouTube username with entry.)
- 2 Extra Entries (Leave 2 Comments): Watch (follow) Snagerdra on Deviant Art. (Include your Deviant Art username with entry.)
- 2 Extra Entries (Leave 2 Comments): Grab my button and add it to your blog or website. Let me know where I can find it! (Copy and paste the code that is in the "Grab My Button!" section on the left hand side of the main page.)
- 3 Extra Entries (Leave 3 Comments): Blog about Twee Poppets. Leave a link to the blog entry in your comment. Please be sure to mention this giveaway and link back to Twee Poppets (http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com). Your blog must have at least 10 followers on Google Friend Connect to be eligible. Blogs entries must be at least 50 words long to count; must be a dedicated post (not just part of another post). Please include a link to your blog post in your comment.
- 3 Extra Entries (Leave 3 Comments): Blog about Dream Snager and your favorite items in her shop. Leave a link to the blog entry in your comment. Please be sure to mention this giveaway and link back to Dream Snager (http://www.etsy.com/shop/snager). Your blog must have at least 10 followers on Google Friend Connect to be eligible. Blogs entries must be at least 50 words long to count; must be a dedicated post (not just part of another post). Please include a link to your blog post in your comment.
- 3 Extra Entries (Leave 3 Comments): Pledge to blog about what you won if you are the winner of this giveaway. This is based on the honor system - if you promise to blog if you win, please do. Please be sure to mention this giveaway and link back to Twee Poppets (http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com). Your blog must have at least 10 followers on Google Friend Connect to be eligible. Blog entries must be at least 50 words long to count; must be a dedicated post (not just part of another post).
- 10 Extra Entries (Leave 10 Comments): Post some Dream Companion fan art on Deviant Art (or a similar art site). The art may be in any medium (drawing, sculpting, painting, etc.). In Sarah's words, "it doesn't have to be, like, OMG, INCREDIBLE quality or anything, even just a sketch or a nice doodle would be cool." Be sure to include a link to the art!
- 10 Extra Entries (Leave 10 Comments): Make a purchase from the Dream Snager Etsy shop. Be sure to let them know that Twee Poppets sent you!