Street Boners is all about the bold fashion statements that have been spotted on the streets. Every page has photos of fashion mishaps and triumphs, along with a rating of one to ten kittens. Yep, kittens. The fewer kittens, the worse the outfit. I have no idea why they chose to use kittens in their rating system, but I like it - this quirky choice fits in well with the whole feel of the book. Besides, who doesn't love kittens, am I right?
The guy in neon spandex gets just two kittens. Are you afraid to see the guy who only gets one kitten?
I've had such a great time flipping through the pages of this book. It's so interesting to see the crazy outfits that some people pick out for themselves and wonder what on earth was going through their heads as they stood in front of the mirror that morning. I love that this book includes a brief description of each outfit, because it helps put them into perspective, and also because the descriptions themselves are often just as funny as the outfits in question! As an added bonus, also included throughout the book are commentaries by well-known comedians and celebrities, including Chloe Sevigny, Debbie Harry, Fred Armisen, and Tim & Eric. The only thing I really don't like about this book is that it seems to focus way too much on the author drooling over pictures of "hot" girls - we get it, McInnes, you are attracted to stereotypical, scantily-clad women. Other than that, though, it's a fun book to relax with, and you will definitely get some giggles out of it.
Yep. This is what a one-kitten rating looks like. Yikes.
It's also worth noting that this book is physically well-constructed. The pages are thick and glossy, with rich color photographs on every page. Thanks to this book's sturdy binding, I haven't had any problem whatsoever with pages falling out, as I have experienced with certain other books in the past. The book is a nice and big (but not too big), and it's the perfect size for displaying on the coffee table (if you're bold!).
Book to pencil size comparison.
Overall, I love this book! It has made me laugh out loud numerous times, and it's a lot of fun to flip through its pages and have a good chuckle. I'd recommend it to anyone who is not easily offended!
You can purchase Street Boners on Amazon.com for a suggested retail price of $18.99 (however, as of this post, it's on sale for just $12.91! Score!).
I am pleased to announce that 3 (count 'em, THREE!) lucky US or Canadian winners will receive their very own copy of Street Boners! (No PO boxes, please.)
Please be sure to leave your email address in at least one entry (preferably all entries); I will do my best to find your email address if you're the winner, but if I have no way to contact you, you cannot win! For complete giveaway rules, please see the "Giveaways" section under the "The Fine Print" page. Winning entries WILL be checked to ensure qualification, so please be honest! :)
Mandatory Entry (Must be completed before any other entries will qualify!)
- Publicly follow Twee Poppets with Google Friend Connect. (Click the "Follow" button under the "Followers" section at the top of the main page.)
Bonus Entries (Please leave a separate comment for each entry! If it's worth 3 entries, please leave 3 separate comments!)
- 3 Extra Entries: Subscribe to Twee Poppets via email (must be activated to count). (Enter your email address under the "Subscribe Via Email!" section on the left hand side of the main page and click the "Subscribe" button.)
- 1+ Extra Entry: Enter another one of my current giveaways. You may have one extra entry PER contest entered (please leave a separate comment for each). This applies only to current giveaways. Giveaways that have already ended (before 6/30) do NOT count.
- 1 Extra Entry: Follow @TweePoppets on Twitter. (Include your Twitter ID with your entry.)
- 1+ Extra Entry: Tweet about this giveaway (may be done once daily for one entry per tweet). You may use this tweet: #GIVEAWAY: Win a copy of the hilarious book "Street Boners"! Enter to win @TweePoppets. 3 WINNERS! http://tinyurl.com/WinStreetB (Ends 7/14)
- 2 Extra Entries: Become a fan of ("like") Twee Poppets on Facebook. (Click this link or the button under the "Follow on Facebook!" section on the left hand side of the main page.)
- 2 Extra Entries: Grab my button and add it to your blog or website. Let me know where I can find it! (Copy and paste the code that is in the "Grab My Button!" section on the left hand side of the main page.)
- 3 Extra Entries: Blog about Twee Poppets. Leave a link to the blog entry in your comment. Please be sure to mention this giveaway and link back to Twee Poppets (http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com). Your blog must have at least 10 followers on Google Friend Connect to be eligible. Blogs entries must be at least 50 words long to count; must be a dedicated post (not just part of another post). Please include a link to your blog post in your comment.
- 3 Extra Entries: Pledge to blog about what you won if you are the winner of this giveaway. This is based on the honor system - if you promise to blog if you win, please do. Please be sure to mention this giveaway and link back to Twee Poppets (http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com). Your blog must have at least 10 followers on Google Friend Connect to be eligible. Blog entries must be at least 50 words long to count; must be a dedicated post (not just part of another post).
Contest will end at 11:59pm PST on July 14th, 2010. Winner will be chosen via random number generator. Winner will be contacted by me (email@example.com) and will have 48 hours to respond before he or she forfeits the prize and a new winner is chosen. Open to non-PO Box mailing addresses in the US and Canada only.