Recently, I was contacted by Allie of Allie's Minis about hosting a giveaway on Twee Poppets. I was thrilled! I've enjoyed getting to know Allie, and I think you will, too:
Please introduce yourself and your shop.
Hi all! My name is Allie and I have adored crafting and collecting miniatures for many years. My favorite part about creating miniature food is the laughter and joy it brings to all! Enjoy!
I believe that what sets my miniature food apart from all the rest is the immense amount of detail I put into each and every piece I create. Each mini has a piece of my heart and I have a lot of heart to give!
I told my second grade students about Allie's Minis and now they all believe I am famous. It’s funny how you see your life going down one path (being a teacher) and it can veer off (becoming a miniaturist) when you least expect it. I think the most amazing part of creating Allie’s Minis is that it gives me the flexibility to be the creative mini-making artist I am, and be the fun-loving, hard-working second grade teacher I strive to be everyday.
You can find me in the July 2010 issue of American Miniaturist Magazine.
How did your business get its start?
When I was deciding upon a major in college, my mind was completely set on being the next Mrs. Fields. When I figured out I was probably never going to make it to that point, I wanted to be a pastry chef; I even seriously looked into transferring to a culinary college. Although minis may not have been in the fore-front of my mind, I knew food was simply going to end up in my life’s work.
It’s funny; I started realizing the more I baked, the more I ate the sweets I created. The more I sampled my sweets, the more my waistband increased; this wasn’t going to work for me. Enter the world of non-edible treats; Allie’s Minis. I couldn’t believe I could satisfy my craving for all things sweet with treats I didn’t need to consume!
What do you love to do? What makes you smile?
Teaching, my family, My Noah,my minis, music and reading
What is your greatest accomplishment thus far?
Being published by American Miniaturist Magazine
Where do you see yourself in ten years? Where do you see your business in ten years?
If I could create the "perfect" dream for myself in ten years it would be to sell my minis on the beach in Cabos Mexico.
Allie creates 100% handcrafted miniatures out of polymer clay. The things she can make with her own two hands are absolutely amazing! She puts incredibly intricate detail into the space of about the size of a fingertip, and her little cakes look good enough to eat. Her creations would be a perfect addition to your little one's dollhouse. She even makes some of her miniatures into jewelry - how cute!
Take a peek at what you could win!
You can purchase a wide variety of amazing miniatures from the AlliesMinis Etsy shop. Plus, every order comes with a free gift!
Allie has generously offered to send TWO winners each one miniature lemon bundt cake. She has also agreed to ship to winners worldwide! Wow! Thanks, Allie!
Please be sure to leave your email address in at least one entry (preferably all entries); I will do my best to find your email address if you're the winner, but if I have no way to contact you, you cannot win! For complete giveaway rules, please see the "Giveaways" section under the "The Fine Print" page. Winning entries WILL be checked to ensure qualification, so please be honest! :)
Mandatory Entry (Must be completed before any other entries will qualify!)
- Publicly follow Allie's blog, Mini Eats, with Google Friend Connect.
Bonus Entries (Please leave a separate comment for each entry! If it's worth 3 entries, please leave 3 separate comments!)
- 2 Extra Entries: Publicly follow Twee Poppets with Google Friend Connect. (Click the "Follow" button under the "Followers" section at the top of the main page.)
- 3 Extra Entries: Subscribe to Twee Poppets via email (must be activated to count). (Enter your email address under the "Subscribe Via Email!" section on the left hand side of the main page and click the "Subscribe" button.)
- 1 Extra Entry: Add AlliesMinis as a favorite shop on Etsy.
- 1 Extra Entry: Mark your 3 favorite AlliesMinis listings as favorites on Etsy.
- 1 Extra Entry: Follow @TweePoppets on Twitter. (Include your Twitter ID with your entry.)
- 1 Extra Entry: Tweet about this giveaway (may be done once daily for one entry per tweet). You may use this tweet: Win a cute miniature cake from the AlliesMinis Etsy shop! Enter to win @TweePoppets: http://tiny.cc/WinMinis (Ends 6/21) TWO WINNERS!
- 2 Extra Entries: Become a fan of ("like") Allie's Minis on Facebook.
- 2 Extra Entries: Become a fan of ("like") Twee Poppets on Facebook. (Click this link or the button under the "Follow on Facebook!" section on the left hand side of the main page.)
- 2 Extra Entries: Grab my button and add it to your blog or website. Let me know where I can find it! (Copy and paste the code that is in the "Grab My Button!" section on the left hand side of the main page.)
- 3 Extra Entries: Blog about Twee Poppets. Leave a link to the blog entry in your comment. Please be sure to mention this giveaway and link back to Twee Poppets (http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com) and the AlliesMinis Etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/alliesminis). Your blog must have at least 10 followers on Google Friend Connect to be eligible. Blogs entries must be at least 50 words long to count; must be a dedicated post (not just part of another post). Please include a link to your blog post in your comment.
- 3 Extra Entries: Pledge to blog about what you won if you are the winner of this giveaway. This is based on the honor system - if you promise to blog if you win, please do. Please be sure to mention this giveaway and link back to Twee Poppets (http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com) and the AlliesMinis Etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/alliesminis). Your blog must have at least 10 followers on Google Friend Connect to be eligible. Blog entries must be at least 50 words long to count; must be a dedicated post (not just part of another post).
- 10 Extra Entries: Make a purchase from the AlliesMinis Etsy shop. Be sure to let Allie know that Twee Poppets sent you!
Contest will end at 11:59pm PST on June 21st, 2010. Winner will be chosen via random number generator. Winner will be contacted by me (email@example.com) and will have 48 hours to respond before he or she forfeits the prize and a new winner is chosen. Open to mailing addresses worldwide.