You can never have enough hair accessories for you or your little one - especially when they are as cute as the ones found in the Sweet as Pie Creations Etsy shop! As I was browsing the listings on Etsy, the adorable hair clips made by Amy from Sweet as Pie Creations caught my eye immediately and I knew I wanted to get in touch with her right away. Now I'd like to introduce you all to Amy, too!
Please introduce yourself and your shop.
My shop is called Sweet as Pie Creations.
How did your business get its start?
My shop started after making hair clips for my nieces. One would constantly lose her expensive clips. I decided to try making clips for her. Then I began making them for friend's daughters. It started as a hobby and still mostly is. After awhile, I decided to open my etsy store and sell cute hair accessories for a good price. It's been fun to make things that others enjoy!
What is your favorite crafty activity? Are there any particular crafts you'd love to learn?
I love all crafts. My mom and sister are also very crafty so I grew up making crafts. I learned to sew when I was younger but haven't done it in years. I just got a sewing machine for Christmas so I want to continue using it for projects that involve more than just straight lines! :) One day I'll also learn how to crochet.
What do you love to do? What makes you smile?
I love being creative. I'm a teacher and love going to work everyday. I love the beach, playing with my nieces and nephews, hanging out with my husband and 2 dogs.
What is your personal favorite item in your shop?
I often only make one of many of the items in my shop so they are constantly changing. At the moment, I love the high heeled shoe print hair bow--I love shoes and think this ribbon is so cute! I love all of the items made from unique ribbon.
Amy holds a special place in my heart, as she was the very first person to agree to sponsor a review and giveaway at Twee Poppets. When I wrote to tell her about Twee Poppets, I let her know which two clips I was most interested in reviewing, and not only did Amy agree to sponsor a review, she agreed to send me both clips! All this before I even had 10 followers, mind you - what a generous soul!
These are the two clips Amy agreed to send me:
And here are the THREE clips Amy sent!
Let me say it again: generous! And not only that, but also a pleasure to work with. The clips all arrived quickly and safely, attached to a cute card and inside a cute envelope - the complete package! Let me tell you right now, these clips are pretty much the most adorable things I've ever seen. Just look at those little hedgehogs and mushrooms and fishies! I'm a sucker for woodland creatures, so the hedgehogs really drew me in. I can't look at these clips without smiling!
There are so many reasons to love these clips:
- They're well-made: The ribbon is heat-sealed at the ends to prevent fraying, and it is securely hot-glued to the clips. I gave all the ribbon a reasonable tug to make sure it was well fastened, and I can tell you - it's not going to budge with normal wear and tear. The ribbon is also flush with the metal clip, without any lumps or bumps sticking up, which makes it look very professional; the fish clip looks especially seamless.
- They're the perfect size: At two inches long, these clips are just the right size for any little girl's hair. But the best part is that they would also be a good fit for a grown woman! If you don't mind a little cutesiness in your wardrobe, these clips would be an excellent addition. I know that I don't mind the cute, especially when I'm working with kids, and I plan on using these darling clips to keep my bangs out of my face and add a little pep to my outfits. There are also other clips in Amy's shop that may be more wearable for an adult who wants to look more professional.
- They stay in place: I tried each clip out in my own hair and shook my head vigorously around. When I was done, the clip was still there! What a relief to find a hair accessory that actually stays in! I've tried using bobby pins to keep my bangs out of my face, but they always fall out - usually within a few minutes. Not so with the clips from Sweet as Pie Creations! And as if this weren't enough, Amy also offers to add no-slip grip to any clip upon request! This would be excellent for a little girl with fine hair. But even without the grip, these clips stay on wonderfully. But don't take my word for it:
No animals were harmed in the making of this video. I promise, my cat is just very
- They're affordable: The accessories in Amy's shop are all offered for very reasonable prices. Even the wonderful hedgehog clips I was sent could be yours for only $1.25 each! Some specialty accessories are a little more, but some are also even less. There is something for everyone in the Sweet as Pie Creations shop!
- Even the backs are cute: I love that Amy has extended the adorable ribbon all the way to the backs of the clips! This really sets her clips apart from the rest. The back of the "Hedgehog and Deer" clip shows a fox and a family of deer, which only adds to the cuteness!
- The seller is awesome: I've loved working with Amy. She is friendly and professional, ships quickly, and packages her items well. I really liked how she attached the clips to a paper card, because it eliminated any unnecessary jumbling around the clips could do in their envelope, thereby reducing the chance of damage during shipping. Amy even includes a free patterned hair clip with every order! It's no wonder she has 100% positive feedback.
You can purchase any of these wonderful hair accessories and more at the Sweet as Pie Etsy shop for $1 to $5.50, depending on the accessory chosen. Be sure to let Amy know that Twee Poppets sent you!
Amy at Sweet as Pie Creations has graciously agreed to give one winner a $10 shopping spree at her Etsy shop! This contest is open worldwide! Thank you, Amy!
Please be sure to leave your email address in at least one entry (preferably all entries); I will do my best to find your email address if you're the winner, but if I have no way to contact you, you cannot win! For complete giveaway rules, please see the "Giveaways" section under the "The Fine Print" page. Winning entries WILL be checked to ensure qualification, so please don't cheat! :)
Mandatory Entry (Must be completed before any other entries will qualify!)
- Visit the Sweet as Pie Creations Etsy shop and tell me what you might spend your $10 on if you are the winner!
Bonus Entries (Please leave a separate comment for each entry!)
- 2 Extra Entries: Publicly follow Twee Poppets with Google Friend Connect. (Click the "Follow" button under the "Followers" section at the top of the main page.)
- 1 Extra Entry: Add Sweet as Pie Creations as a favorite shop on Etsy.
- 1 Extra Entry: Mark your 3 favorite Sweet as Pie Creations listings as favorites on Etsy.
- 1 Extra Entry: Follow @TweePoppets on Twitter. (Include your Twitter ID with your entry.)
- 1 Extra Entry: Tweet about this giveaway (may be done once daily for one entry per tweet). You may use this tweet: Win $10 to spend at the Sweet as Pie Creations Etsy shop! Enter to win @TweePoppets: http://tinyurl.com/tweegiveaway
- 1 Extra Entry: Become a fan of Twee Poppets on Facebook. (Click this link or the button under the "Follow on Facebook!" section on the left hand side of the main page.)
- 2 Extra Entries: Grab my button and add it to your blog or website. Let me know where I can find it! (Copy and paste the code that is in the "Grab My Button!" section on the left hand side of the main page.)
- 2 Extra Entries: Subscribe to Twee Poppets via email (must be activated to count). (Enter your email address under the "Subscribe Via Email!" section on the left hand side of the main page and click the "Subscribe" button.
- 3 Extra Entries: Blog about Twee Poppets. Leave a link to the blog entry in your comment. Please be sure to mention this giveaway and link back to Twee Poppets (http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com) and the Sweet as Pie Creations Etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetaspiecreations). Your blog must have at least 10 followers on Google Friend Connect to be eligible. Blogs entries must be at least 50 words long to count. Please include a link to your blog post in your comment.
- 3 Extra Entries: Pledge to blog about what you won if you are the winner of this giveaway. This is based on the honor system - if you promise to blog if you win, please do. Please be sure to mention this giveaway and link back to Twee Poppets (http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com) and the Sweet as Pie Creations Etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetaspiecreations). Your blog must have at least 10 followers on Google Friend Connect to be eligible. Blog entries must be at least 50 words long to count; must be a dedicated post (not just part of another post).
- 10 Extra Entries: Make a purchase from the Sweet as Pie Creations Etsy shop. Be sure to let Amy know that Twee Poppets sent you!
Contest will end at 11:59pm PST on April 24th, 2010. Winner will be chosen via random number generator. Winner will be contacted by me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will have 48 hours to respond before he or she forfeits the prize and a new winner is chosen. Open to mailing addresses worldwide.